We’re really happy to have Larry Israel, the president and founder of Exchange Analytics, with us today. On the show today, Larry talks about futures markets. He discusses the reason for futures markets to exist, and how they help to mitigate price risk. He also explains how he got into the business world, and how he found his very specific niche with the futures industry. Listen in today to hear what Larry has to share.
Exchange Analytics is a leading supplier of interactive online compliance training courses to the futures, derivatives, and securities industry. They are the largest supplier of ethics training courses that satisfy the requirements of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the National Futures Association. Listen in to find out more.
- The reason for futures markets to exist.
- A classic example of protecting a company against price risk.
- How futures markets can help mitigate price risk.
- Most people don’t really understand what commodities, futures, and derivatives are.
- Larry explains what he does and what his company does.
- The derivatives market has exploded since Larry started his career.
- Larry explains what a derivative is and what futures and options are.
- Ensuring that there’s integrity in the marketplace.
- The historic significance of the futures industry, and how it has been an integral part of the whole financial system.
- Why Chicago has become the center for commodities trade for futures and options.
- How the markets have become more regulated over time.
- What an individual investor needs to know about commodities and futures.
- The difference between speculation and gambling.
Links and Resources:
Larry’s website: https://exchangeanalytics.com/
To begin your Audible trial membership go to http://www.audibletrial.com/bettermoneydecisions.com
Audible’s book about behind the scenes of the futures and derivatives industry: Zero Sum Gain. The Rise of The World’s Largest Derivatives Exchange by Erica S. Olsen