Most people tend to think that past performance is a good indicator for future trajectory, but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. When it comes to stocks, bonds, and other financial investments, there’s no telling what that market will look like in the future. This is why you should resist chasing past performance and rely on a diversified portfolio. In today’s episode of Better Money Decisions, Kate Stalter shares more efficient ways to choose investments, why you shouldn’t depend on past winners, and avoiding riding out momentum. Tune in to learn more about how you can expand the variety of your portfolio and become a successful investor.
- How to choose your investments
- The effects of momentum on stocks
- Why you shouldn’t chase past winners
- Acknowledging diversification and avoiding clickbait
- Being patient and focusing on the future